Thursday, July 10, 2008

Book recommendation for a Sweet Summer Read


For all you out there who are like me, I am obsessed with Pride and Predjudice especially the BBC version with the fabulous Colin Firth! OOh baby!

This book is written by one of my Favorite authors Shannon Hale ,who like us is also a huge fan of the Colin. I know because she and I bonded thru this itty bitty obsession.

The book takes place in modern times based in NYC a single girl who doesn't understand why any of her relationships don't seem to work out. She discovers through a conversation she has with her Aunt that she need help and needs to stop looking for her own Mr. Darcy.
Her Aunt then sends her to England to a place called Austenland where she can go back in time and live her fantasies.
This is a quick read and a sweet romance, perfect to take on vacation with you.

3 comments:

Mary said...

oh baby! I think I might have to get this book for my vacation. I remember you telling me about it at Girls Night.
I have another one for you though.
http://books.google.com/books?id=ITLB1ZXW3FAC
Its written in Darcys point of view. Same exact Pride and Prejudice story, just not coming from Elizabeth. Its by Pamela Aiden. Haven't read them all, so I can't tell you if they're good, but the concept is a good one. ;)

Mary said...

Also... its a trilogy. "An Assembly Such as This", "Duty and Desire", and "These Three Remain"

carp said...

Sweet! I can't wait to read it! your blog is so cool! I really need to work on mine!