Friday, August 8, 2008

Stake Girls Camp 2008- Heber Valley Camp-

Girl's Camp is finally here! It all started at 7:00 am when we all got in our groups at the stake center. After we all got to know each other, we loaded in the bus. An hour and a half later, we arrived! We all got assigned to our cabins, settled in, and went to 11:00 orientation. After all the rules, we went to our cabins and had quiet/free time. At noon, we had lunch. After lunch, we returned to our cabins, and played tons of games, like "Mamma Mia!", a game Emily and Alysse made up. And after that, we ( 2nd years) made 2 crafts. Rest of the day ran smoothly and we went to bed at around 1 o' clock in the morning.



On Tuesday, we had opening ceremony, then breakfast. After Breakfast 1st and 2nd years and their JC's hiked up to the Challenge Course. The Challenge course was one of the high moments of the whole week. It not only challenged your Physical point but also your mental. My group's first station was the Giant Swing. Here's what it looks like: It's HUGE! I even tried it. What a adrenaline rush!







Here are some other stations we did also:












On this one, we had to build a bridge and go across the "acid" without touching it.

















This one was fun. We couldn't touch the wood chips and had to swing across each platform. The hard part was on the second platform, all 14 of us had to stay on it. Then we could move on.



















On this one, we had to balance on wires, put equal pressure on our partners hands, and then to make it harder the wire would spread farther and farther each step you took.





So as you can see it was a lot of fun. Also, my mom came up for a night with the primary board and we had so much fun together around the campfire, roasting marshmallows and starbursts.










On Wednesday, we went to Legacy Lake, and paddled our own canoes! I don't know what I was thinking when I thought I wouldn't get wet. Ha! Anyway, I was in the same canoe with my friend Kevyn and Taylee. Lets just say Kevyn liked to splash and rock the boat so part of the time I was freaking out thinking I was going to tip over and get eaten by leeches.




It was still fun though and I got some good pictures. Here they are:






















Canoes.........











My friends Kristen and Mallory :)

Well after that it was pretty much a normal day. Make crafts ,certification, eat, hang out, go to bed. Except for that night we had someone from the stake come and teach us about constellations and constant stars. So we saw them through the telescope. It was really cool!





Later that night Ansley found salamanders. She was so obsessed with them that she had Taylee wed Sally Gecko and Sammy Salamander Sr. in the bathroom. Then we took pictures of them on their honeymoon and in front of the temple. (a tissue box) So that was funny!


Thursday was by far my favorite day of the week.

After breakfast, it was scheduled that we go on a hike. Well, we made our lunches, and left. To pass the time, Emily, Mccall, Morgan, and I started singing camp songs and 99 bottles of Sprite on the wall all the way down to 1 bottle! Woot! When we made it up to the point where we were going to eat we decided that on the way back that we would sing all the Disney songs we could think of. So we ate lunch and rested and then headed back to camp. It was funny because, I practically knew all the songs we sang. Some of the songs weren't even Disney songs. So we had a lot of fun on the way back. When we got back to camp we had quiet/free time. That was nice. That night we had closing ceremony and then we did a Faith walk where we went to stations or campsites and a stake leader would give us a message about light or stars. When we got back to our camp we had our Ward Testimony meeting and everyone stood up. The Spirit was so strong that night that everyone was crying like a baby. After testimony meeting, we practically crashed and went to bed.


The next morning we got up, ate breakfast, and then cleaned our tails off and packed, we waited until the buses came an then we headed homeward. I never regretted going this week cause I had a blast. Not only did I have a blast but my testimony strengthened so much this week and I am proud to say I went. I think our ward really bonded this time and we have really become sisters. Togetherness meant a whole new meaning to me this week and I am happy to say that our ward was not only the best to get along, but we were more enthusiastic than the rest of them. Yay!


Girls camp was a blast and I am glad that I went. Can't wait til next year!

2 comments:

The Life of MattnWin said...

I am so glad you had a good time and posted this on your blog. I wish i could have been there. I really missed out. Thanks Shay!

Carrieoke4 said...

hey shay it's kev! ya girls camp was like soo much fun!! haha everybody loved our happy enthusiasticness..oh and of course our gorgeous hang overs in the morning!! haha i cant wait till next year either!! luv ya!!