Thursday, November 27, 2008

The 4th Annual Pie Pie

I love this time of year! I really love fall and the leaves, even though in my last post it seems I don't but I do love how this time of year looks, feels and smells.
Speaking of smells...last night was the 4th year that we have hosted a pie party at our house. It is an idea that I stole from my sister Bonnie. She goes to a party every year and since I wasn't invited, of course I had to throw my own. The Hubs loves it too, it is probably one of the best parties we throw all year.

Last night I think was our biggest turn out yet! I usually hand out about 40 invites and make some calls and send out a few text of those not in our neighborhood. It was so nuts, with so many people here! What a RIOT!!! I bought about 100 plates and forks and I ran out of plates and people started using non paper plates. So some of our friends started going through our cupboards searching for plates! There is nothing like a room full of people on a sugar high!

I was going to take pics last night of some of the people here, but was so busy being hostess that I forgot. Besides that I hate people taking pictures of me eating, its the worst!

And for all of you reading this, and were not able to make it this year, we hope to see you next year! So many pies---so little time!

5 comments:

Mindy, Julia and Connor said...

We are SOOO coming next year!!

Mary said...

You are forgiven for no pictures. You didn't even get pie for the first hour... I don't think you would have gotten any if you added taking pictures on to your to-do list.

It was awesome as always. Chris actually had a good time too! yeah!!!

The Life of MattnWin said...

So sad I missed it! Thats all I can say. Cute WoW stuff. Love ya!

Adam and Tiffany said...

I would love to come, to bad we are usually out of town. Sounds so perfect and fun. Wish we could come.

Kandice said...

i was so sad we missed it! We are definitely there next year. I can't wait!