Just finished "The Titan's Curse" today, and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. Greek Mythology has always intrigued me. It is probably written for the 10-12 yr age group so they would love it also. What can I say I LOVE the young adult section in any bookstore.
I really like the writing style and sense of humor in this series of books. Rick Riordan has a way of grabbing your attention from the first page. For example.... on page1
" The Friday before winter break, my Mom packed me an overnight bag and a few deadly weapons and took me to my new boarding school." Now seriously how can you put it down after that intro?
Percy Jackson is a demigod or also know as a Half-blood, meaning his mother is a mortal and as it turns out his Father is Poseidon. He spends his life fairly normal considering his best friends are also half bloods and they are often called to go on dangerous missions to rescue other kids.
In this book he starts off going to rescue some newly discovered Half-bloods and in the process of that his good friend Annabeth is taken, and they suspect the Titan Lord Kronos is involved.
It is an action packed adventure with many lessons and choices made along the way that will change their lives forever.










2 comments:
I really love the YA section. I'll have to check that series out.
I want to read it! Is it your book? If yes, can I borrow it for a couple of hours?
Post a Comment